Export of custom attributes with data type "CodeMulti"

  • Beryl Zhuang

    #2835

    We are trying to create a custom attribute with data type “CodeMulti”, which can multi-select codes from a predefined code list. However, when we try to export the field, it seems that only the first code is exported. Please see the attached image for our mock example. In our case, we entered 3 codes “Form_A”, “Form_B”, “Form_C” and only “Form_A” showed up in the report. Any idea?

    Thanks a lot!

    PS. Based on our test, the custom codemulti attribute works properly for search and data import.
    IrisBG version 3.6.3.17061

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Oyvind

    #2840

    Thanks for reporting this error!
    We will fix it in the next version.

    Sorry for the inconvenience!

    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Oyvind.

    Oyvind

    #2846

    I have investigated this issue and “CodeMulti” attributes seem to be exported properly with the format “Form_A · Form_B · Form_C”.

    Can you run your tests again? Which report are you using?

    Beryl Zhuang

    #2849

    I’m using Taxa01 for report. I tried a few more situations (see attached). Ideally, we want to have only 1 entry that contains all the selected options (black boxed in the attached img).

    If we enter the information as 3 individual entries, each only contain 1 option (not multi select) then it will exported as “Form_A · Form_B · Form_C”.

    Thanks for your help!

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Beryl Zhuang

    #2854

    Sorry, wrong attachment. Here it is

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Oyvind

    #2859

    I have tried to repeat your example and the result is that all values are properly exported in the same field (see attachment). It’s therefore difficult for me to figure out why that doesn’t happen for you.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Beryl Zhuang

    #2863

    Okay. That’s weird. I will try it on our production version and see if it works ( the above examples are from trial version). Thanks again for your help!

    Oyvind

    #2867

    I didn’t realize that you were using the Trial database. That explains the error as this is a SQLite database with a slightly different syntax from the SQL Server production database. I found an error in the SQLite query and will fix that in the next trial version.

    Thanks for reporting!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.