Index Seminum is a web-based module that provides an easy and time saving way to publish
the garden's seed catalogue on the internet and lets contacts or customers place seed orders directly on the web.
Here are some of the key features you will find in the Index Seminum
- This module is fully integrated with IrisBG, but can also be supplied as an independent solution.
- The seed catalogue and customer list are uploaded as xml-files. These can be created in IrisBG.
- The seed catalogue is presented in a hierarchical fashion for easy navigation and selection.
- There is no limit to the number of catalogue section or items in the catalogue.
- The appearance of the user interface, information texts, the opening period, order limit, etc., can easily be configured.
- There is an option to restrict access to predefined customers only.
- Customers can register and later log-on to retrieve their personal information.
- A confirmation e-mail is sent to the customer when an order is completed.
- The order can be sent by e-mail to the garden or received directly in IrisBG through a web service.
- The website content is available via search engines such as Google and Bing and also supports the European Botanic Garden Consortium seed-list search system.
Architecture and requirements
The Index Seminum module is built with Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 and Ajax, and runs on Microsoft Internet Information Services.
Last Updated 28 Mar 2017