Welcome to Mount Stuart at Isle Of Bute
Mount Stuart Trust welcomes the IrisBG community to the UK IrisBG User Meeting and PlantNetwork Plant Records Training Day at Mount Stuart, Isle of Bute.
The UK IrisBG User Meeting is open for all IrisBG users and delegates to the PlantNetwork event.
Call For Papers – Share Your Experience
Our focus for the meeting will be Sharing User Experiences and we hope to get as much of the programme as possible to contain presentations from the user community. The programme will be supplemented with sessions covering new and upcoming features in IrisBG.
If you would like to present at the meeting, please get in touch with Havard (Details below).
Wednesday, May 3rd 2017
- 09:00 – Coffee / registration
- 09:30 Welcome
- 20 minute introduction to IrisBG for newcomers
- Label Management in IrisBG.
What are the options? Successes and challenges at Cambridge University Botanic Garden. Discussion.
- Strategies for recording and tracking propagation.
What and what not to record. Barcode options. Discussion.
- Image Handling
Storage options. Using external Digital Asset Management Systems. Publishing online. Discussion.
- 12:30 – Finish
(Please register with PlantNetwork at : http://plantnetwork.org/news/plant-records-training-day-plantnetwork-agm-mount-stuart-visit/)
- 13:00 – Registration at Mount Stuart Café
- 13:30 – 16:00 Tour of Mount Stuart
- 19:00 – Meet at local venue for dinner
Thursday, May 4th 2017
- 09:30 – Start
- To sign up and for more details, please follow the link above.
- 15:00 – Finish
Travel to Isle of Bute is by ferry from Wemyss Bay Ferry Terminal (See map). Wemyss Bay can be reached by car or by train (1:10, every hour) from Glasgow Airport or Glasgow Central Train Station.
Our host will organize a minibus on Wednesday and Thursday morning at around 08:00 am from Rothesay / The Glenburn Hotel to Mount Stuart. There will also be transporation provided for the evening from Rothesay to the dinner venue.
- Trains to Glasgow Central (Trainline) : https://www.thetrainline.com/stations/glasgow-central
- Glasgow Airport Destination Guide: http://www.glasgowairport.com/destination-inspiration/destination-guides/
- Wednesday morning : A minivan will pick us up at 08:30 in the morning by the bottom steps on Mount Stuart Road, leading up to The Glenburn Hotel. If you are located far away from the Glenburn and need transport to the venue, please get in touch.
- Ferry Summer timetable, valid from March 31: https://www.calmac.co.uk/wemyssbay-rothesay-bute-ferry-summer-timetable
- Bus 90, 490 and 493 connection between Rothesay and Mount Stuart: http://www.westcoastmotors.co.uk/timetables/isle-of-bute/
There are plenty of hotels and B&B’s in Rothesay. We have shortlisted 2 options that are conveniently near each other.
- The Glemburn Hotel: www.theglenburnhotel.co.uk
- Howards Way Guest House: www.howardswayrothesay.co.uk
Price and Registration
IrisBG Meeting : Free
To sign up for the PlantNetwork programme, please visit: http://plantnetwork.org/news/plant-records-training-day-plantnetwork-agm-mount-stuart-visit/
To register for the IrisBG Meeting, please fill in the booking form below
- Havard Ostgaard, Manager, Botanical Software Ltd : firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank Mount Stuart Trust for hosting this event.