Welcome to Hortus Botanicus Leiden
Hortus Botanicus Leiden welcomes the IrisBG community to the 2017 European User Conference.
Call For Papers – Share Your Experience
As last year, we will focus on Sharing User Experiences and we hope to get as much of the programme as possible to contain presentations from the user community. The programme will be supplemented with a few sessions covering new and upcoming features in IrisBG.
If you would like to present at the conference, please get in touch with Havard Ostgaard or Reinout Havinga (contact details below).
Thursday, May 11th 2017 (Optional pre-conference programme)
- 12:00 – 15:00 Introduction to IrisBG (Training – Please Register).
- 15:00 – Coffee / registration
- 15:30 – 17:00 Guided Tour at Hortus Botanicus Leiden
- 19:00 – Conference dinner (Please Register)
Friday, May 12th 2017
- 09:30 – Coffee / registration
- 10:00 – Welcome – Conference start
- 16:00 – Finish
- 16:00 – 17:00 Drinks
- 19:00 – Dinner (Please register)
Saturday, May 13th 2017 (A separate invitation with will be sent out)
- 10:00 – 12:00 Leiden Canal Cruise with one of the vintage ‘Schuitje Vaart’ vessels.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Picnic Lunch at Hortus Botanicus Leiden
- 13:00… We join the “Plant Marked at Hortus Botanicus Leiden”. (https://www.hortusleiden.nl/programma/agenda/13-mei-2017-plantenmarkt)
- The programme is expected to cost around €40 per person, including lunch.
Speakers for Friday Conference includes:
- Reinout Havinga, Hortus Botanics Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Roel Westendorp, Hortus Botanics Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Anneleen Kool, Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Norway
- Christopher Weddell, English Heritage, UK
- Gerda van Uffelen, Hortus Botanicus Leiden, The Netherlands
- Renske Ek, Paleiis Het Loo, The Netherlands
- Ralf Omlor, Botanic Garden, University of Mainz, Germany
- Havard Ostgaard, IrisBG, UK
Leiden has a large amount of good hotels to choose from. We have prepared a temporary shortlist below, which will be updated in the near future. It takes roughly 15 minutes to walk from Leiden Central Station to the garden.
Price and Registration
Conference : €30 per delegate
Conference dinner : 50€ per delegate
To register, please fill in the booking form below
- Reinout Havinga, Curator, Hortus Botanicus Amsterdam : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Havard Ostgaard, Manager, Botanical Software Ltd : email@example.com
We would like to thank Hortus Botanicus Leiden for hosting this event. In particular we would also like to thank Gerda van Uffelen at Hortus Botanicus Leiden and Reinout Havinga at Hortus Botanicus Amsterdam for helping out with organizing the conference.